2022 has been a really busy year for wedding proposals again. There’s been lots of epic, exciting locations – something we offer in abundance in Cornwall.
Here in Cornwall, for 2022 the majority of couples chose Cornwall beach locations for their proposal. Our celebrated Cornish coastline is a feast of every type of stunning beach setting you can think of.
From the majestic tranquillity of Kynance Cove with its towering rock stacks and tranquil bays to the typical gardens of Trebah Gardens and the vistas at Land’s End, if you want to propose in a dramatic setting – it doesn’t get better than this.
For coastline that’s more sedate, St Ives, Newquay and St Austell are as popular as ever. Top Cornwall locations, serving up golden sands and froth-topped sea, these are some of the most romantic places to propose in the UK.
Beyond the beach, top historic Cornwall locations, including Tintagel Castle, the Minack Theatre, the Eden Project and St Michael’s Mount, remain spectacular settings with the wow factor you want for a proposal.
I’ve popped a bit of information about some of these locations below. Full details for all of them can be found in the blog.
As a dedicated Cornwall proposal photographer, I’ve witnessed firsthand the overwhelming emotion and sheer beauty of these cherished moments. Whether it’s the sparkle in a soon-to-be-fiancée’s eye or the sunset casting a golden hue on a newly engaged couple, capturing these memories is truly a privilege.
Best of 2022 wedding proposals in Cornwall
Finally, I’d really like to thank you all – all the couples I’ve had the pleasure of working with in 2022. It has been amazing to be asked to deliver your wedding proposal photography. It’s such an honour to be asked and every request is special.
I will never take an invitation to photograph a wedding or proposal for granted. I cherish every single one of them. It’s an absolute joy to capture the magic of such a special moment for you.
Thanks again to all my couples for allowing me to be part of such a memorable occasion.
I look forward to shooting more wedding proposals in 2023 and hope to see a few of the couples while photographing their wedding.
See you all in 2023.
100 of my favourite images from wedding proposals in Cornwall this year
Me….. doing wedding proposal videography?
If you would like your wedding proposal videoed this is an extra I can add to my package, it’s really powerful here the words and emotion that you miss from photographs. The ones I’ve videoed I’m unable to share as the words exchanged were really personal to the couple, and they would to keep them just for themselves, which I totally understand. Here is a link to a Chinese proposal in Newquay that I captured, and a slideshow beneath from a selection of photographs from a wedding proposal at Watergate bay. :-)
Top 5 Cornwall wedding proposal locations from this year
- Kynance Cove: Imagine a secluded bay, sheltered by ancient rock stacks and its own private cave, where the froth-topped sea tickles your toes as you drink in the views together. At low tide its a Kynance cove wedding proposal has become one of my favourite locations to shoot.
- Fistral Beach: As one of the world’s top surfing destinations, backed by high cliffs and sand dunes, Fistral is the playground for hundreds of enthusiasts who flock to the beach to get a fix of the big waves.! Fistral is a west-facing beach which gives you the best chances for a sunset wedding proposal in Cornwall.
- Trebah Gardens: Discover and explore 26 acres of Cornish valley garden, with over four miles of footpaths. As well as 26 acres of sub-tropical gardens, we also have our own private beach! Perfect a variety of pictures for your Trebah Gardens wedding proposal.
- Watergate Bay: A Watergate bay proposal on the beach is set between the cliffs Trevelgue Head to the south and Stem Point in the north and when the tide is out, its gives you a huge beach to find an intimate wedding proposal on the Beach.
- St Ives: I’ve photographed 2 wedding proposal in St Ives and the Island is the perfect location for a wedding proposal, you need to pick your time, as St Ives in the summer does get very busy – Pendinas is a headland to the north of the town centre which has incredible views of the surrounding area including Porthmeor Beach and St Ives Bay.
Local to the area, I’m a highly experienced Wedding proposal photographer in Cornwall who has been lucky to photograph at loads of awesome proposals. Whether you want to propose in Cornwall, Devon or thinking about a ski proposal in the alps call me on: 07854 172143 or send a message and let’s talk about what you have in mind for your wedding.
If you would like to enquire about a Cornwall proposal photographer and the services I offer please feel free to get in touch. Tell me as many details as possible, I love hearing all about what people have planned for their big day, and also the finer details… how you met and a bit about you both.
Please feel free to contact me on 07854172143 or if you prefer you can contact me by email at email@example.com or by using the form below. I aim to respond within 24 hours however if you haven’t heard back from me please check your spam folders as sometimes emails drop into there.
"*" indicates required fields