- What is a Cornwall engagement shoot?
- 30 of my favourite images from recent pre wedding shoots
- Where’s the best place for an engagement shoot?
- Engagement shoot FAQ
- Engagements shoots
What is a Cornwall engagement shoot?
An engagement shoot or a pre wedding shoot is a professional photoshoot, usually with the photographer who will be your wedding photographer. It takes place in the location of your choice and lasts for an hour or so.
Why have an engagement photoshoot?
- A moment to treasure: That heady time after getting engaged is so special. A pre wedding photoshoot is the perfect way to capture all your emotions and excitement on camera forever.
- Just about you two: It’s a beautiful time when you’re both relaxed, on a high and focused on yourself rather than the wedding which is such a major life event. Weddings are packed with activities, expectations and loved ones. An engagement shoot is just about the two of you and your future together. It’s such a great time to look back on and remember the plans, dreams, excitement and love you both felt for each other at the beginning of this new chapter.
- Get to know your photographer: A pre wedding shoot is also a really important time for you and you partner to develop your relationship with your wedding photographer before your wedding day. You’ll be able to see how they work and get an idea of what your wedding photos might look like.
- Develop camera confidence: Your pre wedding shoot is likely to be your first professional shoot of this kind so an engagement shoot is a great way to get comfortable in front of the camera before your wedding day. We look best when we’re relaxed and confident. When your wedding day comes around, you’ll be completely at ease at having your picture taken and will know what to expect on your wedding day. You’ll also get to know what you like and don’t like ahead of the big day – you can also test out some poses!
- Beautiful couple photography: The only people in your engagement photos will you both as a couple so this is a brilliant opportunity to get some lovely images of the two of you together in a more relaxed and casual environment than on your wedding day.
- Gorgeous photos to use in your wedding: Personalisation is a major trend for contemporary weddings so most couples use photos from their engagement shoot in both their wedding and wedding preparations. There are tons of way to do this including, within your wedding decor, wedding favours, on your wedding website or socials, stationary and more. There are lots of ideas for using an engagement photo as part of your guestbook. One idea which works really well is to have your guests write over a framed photo of you both. We can talk about these ideas when we meet.
30 of my favourite images from recent pre wedding shoots
Where’s the best place for an engagement shoot?
The best place to get engaged in the UK is without a doubt, Cornwall. Cornwall offers the widest range of breathtaking scenery in the UK with dazzling beaches, clifftops, valleys, moors, meadows, woodland, beautiful buildings and so much more.
Ultimately, you should choose a place which holds some meaning for you both. It could be the place where you first met, where you got engaged or somewhere you enjoy spending time together. If you want some ideas or help, please do let me know. It helps to consider the landscape and scenery which will be in your final photos and what’s special to you both as a couple. Think about a beautiful setting, somewhere special, a bit funky, stunning architecture, that sort of thing. Or as we said, it could be the place where you got engaged or even where you want to get married.
Best Wedding Proposals of 2023 in Cornwall 80 of my favourite proposal photographs in CornwallBehind the scenes at a Newquay wedding proposalBest wedding proposals of 2023 in Cornwall Check availability As I look back on 2023, it’s with…
Best of 2023 100 of my favourite images from weddings in Cornwall & beyond Me….. doing wedding videography again! As the sun sets on another remarkable year, I find myself reflecting on the incredible journey that 2023 has…
Festival wedding at Crahan Ceremonies near Helston I’ve seen many love stories unfold, but there’s something truly magical about a festival wedding at Crahan Ceremonies. Tucked away in the enchanting Cornish countryside, Crahan spans a lush two-acre garden…
The Ultimate St Michael’s Mount Wedding Proposal Guide: Ramparts and Romance As the waves gently kissed the shores of St Michael’s Mount, I once again had the privilege of being the St Michael’s mount wedding proposal photographer for…
Rustic Farm Charm: The Magic of Stennack Farm Wedding Photography In the world of wedding photography, some venues stand out more than others. Stennack Farm wedding photography is a testament to this, offering a unique blend of pastoral…
Whether you’ve got more questions or want to discuss your ideas for your engagement shoot or a proposal, get in touch today. I do engagement shoots all over the UK and the world. I live in Cornwall so I do loads of pre wedding shoots here but I can travel to any location you want so call me today on 07854 172143 or send me a message below.